“communicate consistently” is one improvement I need to make. What do you think of the list? What would you add?
I stumbled upon a great content marketing article the other day and decided to share. In principles of epic content marketing, Pulizzi lists 6 ways that CMOs can step up their content marketing engine:
- Epic content fills a need with your audience (and hopefully industry)
- Communicate consistently (not only for campaigns)
- Find and use your unique and human voice (easy right?)
- Express a valuable point of view (
- Avoid sales speak (and increase educational content)
- Be recognized as the best in class (or industry/niche)
“The problem right now is that most marketers are looking at metrics as objectives [for example, counting followers or looking at Web traffic]. What we want to focus on is Return on Objective (ROO).” Ultimately, you need to create and follow a content marketing plan.